• Name ÀÌÁ¤±Ç(Jeong-Guon Ih)
• E-mail J.G.Ih@kaist.ac.kr
• TEL 042-350-3035
• FAX 042-350-8220
• Publications [click]
Department of Mechanical Engineering, KAIST
•1979 Seoul National Univ. B.S.
•1981 Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST) M.S.
•1985 Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST) Ph.D.
• Duct Acoustics
• Vehicle Noise/Vibration Control
• Theoretical and Experimental Modeling of Vibro-acoustic Fields and Sources
• Product Sound Quality
Associate Manager, NVH Section, Technical Center,
Daewoo Motor Co., Inchon, Korea
Visiting Research Staff (Post Doc.), Institute of Sound and Vibration Research (ISVR), Southampton University, Southampton, U.K
Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon,Korea
Visiting Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, U.K.
Visiting Professor, Department of Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Seikei University, Tokyo, Japan
Visiting Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Canterbury University, Christchurch, New Zealand
Visiting Professor (Invited Lecturer for ¡°Noise Control¡±), Department of Applied Physics and Mechanical Engineering, Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB), Bandung, Indonesia
• Best Poster Paper Presentation
Award, ASVA 97 (The International Symposium on
Simulation, Visualization and Auralization for Acoustic Research and
Education), April 4, 1997, Tokyo, Japan
(with S.-C. Kang)
• Academic Award, Acoustical Society of Korea, November 8, 1997, Seoul, Korea
• IPC-9 Prize Paper Award, IPC-9 (The Ninth International Pacific Conference on Automotive Engineering), November 21, 1997, Bali, Indonesia
• Visiting Research Fellowship Award, LG Yonam Foundation, Korea, January 1999 - January 2000.Vibro-acoustic Fields and Sources
• Leverhulme Visiting Fellowship Award for the Research at the Loughborough University, Leverhulme Trust Fund, U.K., February 1999 - November 1999
• Best Paper Award in Science and Technology, The Korea Federation of Science and Technology Societies, May 19, 2000, Seoul, Korea
• Scientist of This Month, Science and Technology (Magazine), The Korea Federation of Science and Technology Societies, January 2001, Seoul, Korea
• Best Poster Paper Presentation Award, Inter-Noise 2003 (The International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering), August 28, 2003, Seogwipo, Korea (with H.-J. Kim and C.-M. Park)
• Academic Contribution Award, Acoustical Society of Korea, October 31, 2003, Kyongju, Korea
• Academic Award, Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, November 13, 2003, Chungju, Korea
• Invitation Fellowship Program Award for the Research at the Seikei University in Tokyo, JSPS (Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science), Japan, December 2005 – March 2006
• Erskine Fellowship Award for the Lecture at the Canterbury University in Christchurch, New Zealand, July 2006 – October 2006
• Third Place Award, Faculty Participation, KAIST¡¯s Invention Idea Contest, ¡°Device for Reduction of Tire Cavity Resonance Noise,¡± KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, December 2008
• Best Lecturer Award, ¡®MAE850 Special Topics in Dynamics: Vehicle NVH¡¯ Dept. of Mechanical Eng., KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, September 2011.
• Emille Grand Award, Acoustical Society of Korea, November 2, 2018, Gangneung, Korea.
Membership in professional soieties
• Acoustical Society of Korea (ASK)
Member, Executive Board, Editorial Board (1997-2008), Deputy Editor-in-Chief (1998-2000), Editor-in-Chief (2000-2003), Member of Council (2002-present), Vice President (2004),
Inspector (2005), Vice President (2006-2009), President-Elect (2009), President (2010)
• Korean Society of Noise and Vibration Engineering
Member, Editorial Board (1997-1998 2001-2003), Chairperson of Transportation Machinery Committee (2001-2002), Member of Council (2001-present)
• Acoustical Society of America(ASA), Member
• Audio Engineering Society (AES), Member
• International Institute of Acoustics and Vibration (IIAV), Member, Director(2010-)